Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.
Prompt response:One argument I could have handled differently was a disagreement I had with a friend about making plans.We both wanted things to go our own way.My goal was to get my friend to understand why I thought my idea was better, but I focused too much on proving that I was right.Chapter one said that you should not try to outscore your opponent, but instead try to get your way.I could have stayed calm and listened to my friend's point of view before explaining mine or create an agreement that worked for both of us.A good argument is not by proving someone wrong but by reaching your goal.
summary-In class today we read a book about having a good argument and different ways of wining one.
reflection:Today I learned that you don't have to always prove your point but try and get It your way .I will use this by when trying to win an argument first listening to the other person and not trying to prove my point but instead winning points to persuade the other person.
Comments
Post a Comment