Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?
Prompt Response: One time I told my friend that I thought studying before a test would help me get a better grade. My friend asked me, “How do you know?” I explained that whenever I studied and reviewed my notes before a test, I felt more prepared and usually understood the questions better. My evidence was based on my own experience from previous tests. I used this evidence because it showed a connection between studying and feeling more confident during tests. Explaining my evidence was important because simply saying that studying helps does not prove my claim. By explaining how my experiences supported my opinion, my friend could understand why I believed my claim was true. This taught me that evidence is more useful when you explain how it connects to your claim.
Summary:absent
Reflection: absent
Comments
Post a Comment