Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument?

 prompt response-After practicing the "So What?" method today, I understand that effective commentary does not simply restate or explain the evidence, but explicitly answers why that evidence matters to the broader argument and the audience. Previously, my commentary often stalled at basic summary, but I now see it as the critical space required to establish the overall significance of my claims. When writing my next AP Lang argument, I will apply this by forcing myself to ask "so what?" after introducing evidence, ensuring my analysis pushes beyond the text to explain the universal implications of my thesis.

summary-absent

reflection-absent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.

Three things I want to accomplish this year